[Koha] School Library Management (loans, returns ,accounthandles...)

Osgaldo Suanzes osgaldo at tiscali.es
Wed Mar 5 11:22:47 NZDT 2003

Hi Nigel.

    Thanks so much for your intro to Koha. I will start to play around with
Koha and instalation this night.
    A few questions comes to my mind.
    My wife has read your mail also, and she says that she saw somtime a
system which was capable of
    reading the back cover ISBN or EAN Code trough a Barcode reader and
feeding that way the Library Database.
    Is there a way to Download or access ISBN Database while entering the
books in the System with Koha with a Barcode Reader?
    In case that it is not possible and we have to do it the old and hard
way typing one by one each book  into the system, (2000 books more or less)
    You said that multiple Web Browsers can access the "Acquisition" menu
and so enter new books using more people for
    the purpose. what happened if accidentally someone entered an
information twice? (sure there could be 2 copies of the same book or more in
the library)
    Could she use the program you mentioned "Glabels" for creating a Library
Identity card for every kid?

            Thanks again

                    Regards Osgaldo