[Koha] z39.50 targets in France

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Sat Mar 1 00:09:56 NZDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 10:45, paul POULAIN wrote:
> Nigel Titley wrote:
>
> >Sorry, sent this the first time from the wrong address. Hope you don't get it
> >twice.
> >
> >Does anyone have any good z39.50 targets in France. At least half our
> >library are books published in France and entering then in manually is
> >getting tedious. I've found that the National Library of Scotland runs
> >an excellent target for books published in the UK, and the Library of
> >Congress target is good for many technical books, but I can't get a
> >response out of any of the targets I've tried in France.
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >Best regards
> >
> >Nigel
> >
> I could'nt find a public one, even with the help of the french mailing list.
> So if anyone has a suggesion, i would be happy to read it too...

Nicolas Morin sent me the following URL,

http://sibel.enssib.fr/index.php3?m=c&c=341

which I had already found, but which I will now work through more
systematically (I've tried the various University of Lyons targets but
to no avail).

> (note the BNC -canada- has a nice z39.50 marc21 public access : amicus.
> In this server, you will find many french books)

That is an excellent idea and I'll try that too.

As a matter of interest, would anyone be interested if I started to
maintain a list of general, public z39.50 targets?

Many thanks for the response.

Best regards

Nigel