[Koha] Install problems Red Hat 8.0

Support Dept support at michel.com.au
Tue Feb 25 13:00:55 NZDT 2003

I have a complete Red Hat 8.0 install.

I have tried to install both version 1.2.3 and 1.9 and can't get past
the Perl module install.

The first module I tried to install, HTML::Template gives me the
following error:

HTML::Template->new() : Unknown or unmatched TMPL construct at
/fake/path/for/non/file/template : line 7. at blib/lib/HTML/Template.pm
line 2230.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

I tried the Z3950 module install and got similar results.

Have I missed something? My previous experience with linux is installing
RPM's.

I am trying to get this running for our small school (100 kids) library
in the Queensland Sunshine Coast.  If I can't get the prereqisites
installed, I can't use the software.  The school is currently running
ALICE library software, but the extra licences are too expensive to put
in extra terminals.

Regards,
Wayne Michel

---