[Koha] koha 1.9.0 installation problem

Micheas Herman micheas at freep.org
Mon Feb 17 22:16:48 NZDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 21:59, awie dicu wrote:
> --- Micheas Herman <micheas at freep.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 20:30, awie dicu wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've installed Koha 1.9.0 but few pages are not
> > > working (blank page).
> > >

> > Which pages?
> >

> blank pages:
> /cgi-bin/koha/admin/printers.pl
> /cgi-bin/koha/admin/categorie.pl
> /cgi-bin/koha/admin/currency.pl
> /cgi-bin/koha/admin/stopwords.pl
>

> /cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl - working, but
> in france
>

> when adding/registering new borrower
> (/cgi-bin/koha/newmember.pl), an error appears: The
> server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
> request.
>

> there are lots of errors in my koha-error-logs (mostly
> files missing). is it because of my perl 5.8? or the
> installation package was not complete? pls advice
>
> -nawawi-

Just a guess, but it sounds like the templates were not installed
correctly.

Just to make sure you know. 1.9.x is the pre beta version of 2.0.0.  If
you want to Just use the latest stable version, grab 1.2.biggest_number.

I haven't had time to play with 1.9 yet so I don't know exactly.

My first step would be to see if the files exist but are not readable.
(.pl files must be readable and executable by the web server.)

if the files are missing you could try manually copying them. or if you
are feeling like doing serious bug hunting you could delete Koha and
reinstalling it to see if the problem is reproducible.  If it is
reproducible we would like more details. The installer my well still
have bugs in it.

Good luck

PS  further questions about 1.9 should probably be posted to koha-devel

--
Micheas Herman <micheas at freep.org>