[Koha] ding, ding, the bell rings => koha 1.9.0 is born !
paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 06:31:23 NZDT 2003
The koha 1.9.0 is born a few minuts agos.
His parents, the koha-team, are very proud of this almost-stable children.
Please go to see the baby at :
Release notes :
* dozens of bugfixes. The MARC acquisition part is now completly stable,
and used in production in France since december.
* Templating almost ended. Translations now avaible : french (almost
finished), chinese, spanish, and polish
* Circulation now works.
* non ISO-5589-1 support (for chinese and polish)
* improvements in marc import in breeding farm.
* first draft of search in MARC-DB
* librarian interface demo avaible at http://demo.koha-fr.org. Please
note that by default this site should be in FRENCH. If you modify
parameters, don't forget to put fr again in systemprefs !
This release is fairly stable, and the translation process is now on the
road in french, polish, spanish and chinese !
The MARC management is really stable now, and the remaining bugs are
located in circulation and members management.
KNOWN LIMITS :
Install it from scratch :
* upgrading from 1.3.3 is IMPOSSIBLE, due to DB diffs.
* upgrading from 1.2.x is UNTESTED.
The next version should be called 1.9.1. It will be release at end of
february, and will add :
* z39.50 in acquisition (cataloguing).
* acquisition and cataloguing will be better separated, as discussed in
koha mailing lists. Cataloguing will be possible in MARC or non-MARC,
while acquisition will be possible through bookseller or directly
* complete MARC search
* completed MARC export
It will be the LAST VERSION WITH NEW FEATURES. FEATURE FREEZE WILL OCCUR
with 1.9.1 !
After 1.9.1, we should go to 2.0RC1 a few days/weeks after !
Future releases :
* z39.50 in search to reserve books from other libraries
* Reports rewrite
Consultant indépendant en logiciels libres
responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://www.koha-fr.org)
More information about the Koha