[Koha] Call for testers

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Jan 29 05:22:02 NZDT 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:

> What is meant by major rewrite?

This will be a multi-step process.

 1) create a super solid test suite to verify functionality
 2) make a long series of very small changes, testing each one, with the
end goal of having a much more solid, much more readable code base
 3) then start adding functionality

> Should we wait to implement until AFTER this is done?

No, the 2.0 series should be an excellent platform to implement from.
Please use these releases (which should be out this Spring).

> Don't really want to crawl though piles of new bugs while undergoing
> implementation during production.....

This is one of the reasons we're looking to be very test heavy.  each
change will have to pass all of the (by then) existing tests before it can
be integrated.  What we'll end up with is a code base that is easier to
verify as functionally correct, easier to debug when we find new problems,
and easier to extend when we add new features.

I hope this explanation makes sense, and helps put your mind at ease.

I'm cc:ing the Koha list because I think that others might have the same
concerns.

-pate