[Koha] some thoughts about cataloguing and acquisition (important)

Regula Sebastiao reseba at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 12:20:38 NZDT 2003

Hi again

my question was aimed to know wheter a "basic" record for acquisitions,
e.g., could be in a kind-of-reduced MARC-format. ordering information is
often incomplete and thus not all required fields of a MARC record can be
filled in.

in the systems I know, this problem is solved in various ways. either by
having incomplete records (non-MARC) in a separate database or an
incomplete MARC-record signalled as such with "record status". one such
status could be "acquisition-incomplete" e.g. another one would be deleted
notice etc.

and i absolutely do agree that if MARC is used, then ALL MARC fields
should be possible in the database. and the required-optional fields
should be respected for a full record. but there should be possibilities
for not complete records.

personally, i think that there should be one and only one database where
all bibliographic-"minded" records - ev. with different statuses - should
be stored.

Regula Sebastiao

--- Joshua Ferraro <jferraro at alma.athenscounty.lib.oh.us> wrote: > On Fri,