[Koha] MARC Import?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Sat Jan 18 05:21:37 NZDT 2003

Mathias Indermühle a écrit:

>> so, not a perl problem.
>> I think it's because you choose to upload a MARCsomething file and
>> choose during install a MARCotherthing parameter table.
>> If that's the problem, thent it's not a bug :
>> for example, in UNIMARC, the ISBN is in the 010a column.
>> Maybe in your MARC flavour it's somewhere else.
>> Note also that in 1.3.3 you can only upload MARC files where biblios
>> have an ISBN. Oldest biblios doesn't. An extended feature in
>> development will improve this.
>
> Jes i remember that i'v some problems to choose the MARC Type while
> Installation.. but i can't say what it was (perhabs it was because at
> this time i haven't install MARC already (in perl) but while checking
> the installed Perl module it does not point me on this :-). (but im
> not sure in this case) But i think this isn't the problem because i
> try MARCeverthing *laught* i mean UNIMARC and MARC21 (which have the
> ISBN in 020 :-)

2 solutions :
* you don't have choosen anything during install... (option 3) to check
this : mainpage/parameters/marc structure/should not be empty (in french
if it's   unimarc, in english if it's marc21)
* test a small file on demo.koha-fr.org : if it does not load anything,
then it's definetly not an UNIMARC record :-\

>> Last, the import just import a MARC file in "breeding farm", which is
>> a place where the biblio waits to be added to the "living" db (= when
>> you buy an item)
>

> Jes i know (i realy push myself to read anything bevor i contact the
> mailing list!) but the message was cleary that my file seems to be wrong!
>
>> hope this helps
>
> Jes and No..
> Jes because i see that in the days i spend trying to make my Koha
> running i'm wasn't just doing nonsence :-)
>
> Thanks anyway.. im very glad that not everyone on earth is sleeping at
> the same time.. *laught*.

koha is a 24/7 project : new zealanders, US and Canada-ers, and a
frenchy here in Europe :-)

--
Paul POULAIN