[Koha] MySQL and foreign keys

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jan 17 02:28:07 NZDT 2003

Marco Gaiarin a écrit:

>>we have decided recently to go ... to a deepest mySQL dependency.
>>mySQL has a feature that doesn't exist in ANSI-SQL92 : full-text indexing.
>>

>	http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?functions-matching.html#FUNCTIONS-REGEXP
>
>No, but pg, as often in GNU programs, have regexp. ;)

OK, but can pg use indexes on select with regexp ?
Because the problem is not on "can it be done", but "can it be done
FAST", to avoid a 5-10 seconds waiting time on each biblio select !

>I think it is not the case to fight against one or other DBMS, simply
>wrote down a correct relational database schema in normal form, and put
>inside as standard as possible SQL instructions, for the rest using
>specialized instructions case()ing on the DBMS type.

I agree with you for the schema in a normal form.
Let's release a stable 2.0 and improve this aspect (with many others...)

--
Paul POULAIN