[Koha] MySQL and foreign keys

Williams, Olwen - SAL Olwen.Williams at safeair.co.nz
Thu Jan 16 13:48:20 NZDT 2003

I'm not about to argue one database over another. I've worked a lot in
databases that don't enforce integrity, and you need to include the
integrity in your code.  This is sometimes easier said than done.  We began
using Postgres at the very start of Koha, but found problems making some
queries run efficiently.  MySQL ran them so we changed.  I don't know to
what extent the problem were in my lack of experience and how much was the
fault of Postgres, and how much the two database have changed in the
meantime.