[Koha] Reserves

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Dec 23 08:03:32 NZDT 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 03:32:32PM -0800, Owen Leonard said:
> I have a question about how reserves work in Koha:
>
> I know from discussions with Chris that Koha handles titles in a particularly
> efficient manner, storing all distinct titles separately from the actual
> bibliographic records.  So the entry from the master list might be:
>
> The Two Towers
>
> and that might encompass:
>
> The Two Towers (c. 1965)
> The Two Towers (c. 2002)
> The Two Towers (audiocasstte)
>
> When placing reserves, a patron searching for the book version of The Two
> Towers would usually be satisfied by either the 1965 or the 2002 versions, even
> though technically speaking they should have separate MARC records because
> they're different editions.
>
> In Koha is there a way to reserve "any copy of any book version of this title,"
> or must you pick an edition and then reserve "any copy of this edition?"

Hi Owen

You can reserve any edition. The way to do it. is from a page like this
http://intradev.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/request.pl?bib=4069

You can select the 1999, 2001, and 1966 versions by checking the checkbox
for them. And it that way, select any edition.
Bear in mind intradev is our development site, so it does slightly mental
things sometimes, so I cant vouch it will work that way there. But thats how
it should work in 1.2.2 and as far as I know the 1.3.x releases.

Hope this helps
Chris

PS Seen the movie yet?
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz