[Koha] backup the database

Zeki Celikbas celikbas at itu.edu.tr
Sat Nov 23 01:39:31 NZDT 2002

I've used the below cron script to backup koha's databases. This script
run everynight and backup a sperate file for each day's database.
Backup file named koha + year + mount + day, for example
koha20021101, koha20021102, koha20021103 and so on. This script
also send the backup file to another machine with ftp.

to run this script every day put it /etc/cron.d directory.

#!/bin/sh
#
# koha's back-up cron script
#

mysqldump -uroot -pyonca --add-drop-table koha
>/home/yedek/koha/koha`date +%y%m%d`
ncftpput -V -u celikbas -p sem3zak 160.75.14.95 koha
/home/yedek/koha/koha`date +%y%m%d`