[Koha] Itemtypes and Categoryitems Tables

Larry Currie lcurrie at CalAcademy.Org
Sat Nov 9 12:43:06 NZDT 2002

Right now in the current version of Koha it looks like the itemtypes
table assigns
certain values to the loan length, the number of renewals allowed,
and whether a rental charge applies for a given type of item, and then
the categoryitem
table assigns rental discounts, reserve charges, fines, first overdue
reminder time periods,
and loan periods based on the type of borrower.  Are the later versions
of Koha still going
to use this protocol?  It seems to parallel the type of filtering that
our current commercial system
uses to arrive at loan periods, but I'm wondering whether a particular
loan period can be
assigned at the item level, that is, to a particular book say, which
overrides the loan period that
would normally be assigned.  We have been able to do this in our current
system by setting a value in
the "loan period" field at the item level, and we're wondering whether
Koha also allows this to be done.

Larry Currie

--
Lawrence W. Currie