[Koha] catalogue and opac questions

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue Oct 29 16:56:07 NZDT 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, David Bucknell wrote:

> We have installed Koha and are now inputting books. We have encountered a
> discrepancy between what is input and what is found when searching. For example,
> we input the book type (Adult Non Fiction) and the call number, but when we
> search for and find the book, its type and call number are not displayed.
>
> Item TypeClassBranchDate DueLast Seen
>
> All of these (above) items are empty.

What version of Koha do you have installed?  Did you install by hand or
with the installer.pl script?  What branches do you have set up (look in
the Parameters section from the main intranet page)?  What branch did you
add the new items to?  If the items get added to a branch that does not
exist, you will get the symptoms that you describe (as will having items
with itemtypes that aren't in the itemtypes table as a previous responder
mentioned).

Also, are you using simple acqusitions, or the full acquisitions process
with vendors and order baskets?

Steve Tonnesen