[Koha] Re: koha software

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Tue Oct 15 13:47:06 NZDT 2002

Hello Shamama,

Yes, you can download Koha, and it is free. Go to:
www.koha.org
and read all about it.

WHile Koha is very user friendly to use, it is not easy to install.
Unless you have quite a lot of experience in IT, and especially in
Linux operating system and Perl programme, you would be well
advised to seek help from someone in your neighbourhood who has
such expertise.

There are a number of other libraries in India which have inquired
about Koha, and the staff there also might be able to help you.
I have sent a copy of my reply to the koha list (see the webpage
above for how to join this list).

Good luck with it.

Rosalie Blake
Horowhenua LIbrary Trust