[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] latest on PostgreSQL

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Oct 8 02:10:27 NZDT 2002

I think, no, i'm SURE, even if it's a good idea, it's NOT a good idea
FOR INSTANCE : we are in the middle of the road to create a koha
MARC-compatible. It's a BIG deal, and an IMPORTANT one for USERS.
So, such a "developper" question must be delayed.
I agree it could be a point to solve for 2.0 branch, which is planned
when the 1.4.x becomes stable enough.

One more reason : we make a big use of the "replace" SQL command, which
is mySQL specific, but very useful... It "updates" or "insert" depending
on wether the primary key exists or not.
koha will get a chance to be DB independant only when no replace is
found in the code...
--
Paul