[Koha] new member

Deon Dempsey deon at ig.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 24 06:39:25 NZST 2002

At 09:32 AM 9/19/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Can you give some more details?
>
>Did you install using the installer.pl script or manually?
>
>What distribution of Linux are you using?
>
>Have you looked in the Apache error logs for hints?  You might need to
>look in:
>
>/var/log/apache/koha-error.log
>/var/log/apache/opac-error.log
>/var/log/apache/error.log
>
>It's also possible the apache error logs are stored elsewhere on your
>computer.
>
>Steve Tonnesen

The koha-error-log is the ticket. It says

Died at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/C4/Output.pm line 106.

looking at this, it is trying to open a new file in the includes directory.
Since the normal web user has no real access privileges, this is the problem.

This is my fault for skimming over the 11th step of the Install. I can
probably get this working by using the .htaccess file as they suggest as an
alternative, but I think the preferred method is to use AuthenDBI. I can't
find any mention on how you actually do this though. That would be useful
information to know.

dd