[Koha] Re: Woes and tribulations...

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri Sep 13 02:38:49 NZST 2002

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Pierrick wrote:

> Hi Pate

Hello Pierrick,
I'm forwarding this to the koha list because you'll get far better answers
from the list than you would from Rachel and I.

> I have reached a bit of an impasses with the install of Koha. I have already
> sent a message to Rachel but I haven't received anything back yet.
>
> I am trying an installation of Koha on a RedHat 7.2 box.
> I am doing the manual install so I can monitor (and possibly even
> understand) what's going on and I've reached a point of impasse:

Please understand that the manual installation is *much* more
difficult/error prone than the install script.  In the future, we will be
deprecating the manual method.

> In item 6 - Update your database tables
> When I issue the command: perl updatedatabase -I /mypathtoC4
> I constantly get the following message:
> "Can't locate C4/Database.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at updatedatabase line 22.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at updatadatabase line 22"

This error means that your include path doesn't include the C4 directory
and the modules that it contains.  The best way to deal with this is to
add the path to your C4 directory to your include path.

> Now
> Database.pm is located in: /home/downloads/koha-1.2.2/modules/C4
> so I issue: perl updatedatabase -I /home/downloads/koha-1.2.2/modules
> or:         perl updatedatabase -I /home/downloads/koha-1.2.2/modules/C4
> (both give the same error.)
> My guess is that I am missing a perl module, but I have loaded:
> mysql-3.23.41-1 (came with my RedHat disto)
> perl-DBI-1.18-1
> perl-DateManip-5.40
> perl-DBD-MySQL-1.2216-4
> perl-Set-Scalar-1.17
>
> I actually tried to manually perform the tasks in the script
> "updatedatabase" (create tables, etc) but I'm not sure about some of the
> things it actually does...
>
> Any idea?
>
> Then in Item 7, I am not sure which files to copy and where and what the
> directory structure should be. I assume I should follow the directory
> structure listed in "Installation without Virtual Hosts"?

That would be the easiest way to do it.

-pate