[Koha] Authentication problem using 1.2.3RC11

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Sat Sep 7 01:26:49 NZST 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Roger Buck wrote:

> I have just started playing around with 1.2.3RC11
>
> I am wodering what I need to configure to avoid this message:
>
> REJECTED
> You do not have access to this portion of Koha

Is the "kohaadmin" user the user that you use for database access (the
user that is set in /etc/koha.conf)?

If so, that user is supposed to have access to everything and I'd call
this a bug... if not...  here's the trick:

First, be aware that this cookie based authentication is _not finished_
and several parts of the intranet will be accessible without
authentication as it stands.

Second, each user in the borrowers table now has a 'flags' field that
determines what they are allowed to access.  The flags I have set up so
far are:

|   0 | superlibrarian   | Access to all librarian functions |
|   1 | circulate        | Circulate books                   |
|   2 | catalogue        | Catalogue books                   |
|   3 | parameters       | Set Koha system paramters         |
|   4 | borrowers        | Add or modify borrowers           |
|   5 | permissions      | Set user permissions              |
|   6 | reserveforothers | Reserve books for patrons         |
|   7 | borrow           | Borrow books                      |
|   8 | reserveforself   | Reserve books for self            |

I still need to create a script for editing the flags of any given user,
but for now you can manually give yourself superlibrarian status by
setting the '0' flag to the flags integer in the borrowers table:

update borrowers set flags=0 where isnull(flags);
update borrowers set flags=flags|power(2,0) where userid='kohaadmin';

to just grant "borrowers" access to the same user, set the '4' flag:

update borrowers set flags=flags|power(2,4) where userid='kohaadmin';

Steve.