[Koha] New to Koha

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Sat Aug 31 08:05:44 NZST 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Marina Salcedo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just found out about this wonderful project. I'm currently working in a
> small academic library (40 thousand volumes) in the Rep. of Panama. The
> collection is not automated and I'm looking for a cheap solution to this.

Sounds great.  Will you need to provide a spanish language interface?
We're trying to get people involved in the spanish translation, and haing
a library actively pursuing Koha might help.

> Does anyone have any recommendations on barcode scanners that work well with
> the Koha system? Any other pointers I could get would be great too! I'm
> still working on my Library degree so I'm just getting my feet wet with this
> project. Still lots to learn.

You might look into cuecat which is cheap and seems to work.  Here is
another link for you to look at:
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=BarCode

Other pointers ... stay involved in the mailing list and ask lots of
questions.  If you could occasionally provide some, that'd be nice to, but
we'll give you a while to get used to Koha first ;)

Would you mind updating us from time to time on your progress?  We're
trying to collect as much information about Koha's use as possible.

thanks,
-pate