[Koha] New User

Robert Maynord maynord at terracom.net
Thu Aug 29 04:46:07 NZST 2002

Dear Koha Folks:

I am in the process of setting up Koha for our school library. I used
the install.pl script, and it completed, indicating that all went well.
 However, when I open a web browser and try to connect to
http://192.168.0.4:8080/  OR :80/, I receive the message "The connection
was refused".  Apache is up and running , and the Koha Virtual Servers
are both there. I am trying to troubleshoot the situation.

Some tidbits of info--

1) I installed the YAZ client, and all seemed to go well, with one
exception:  the YAZ client looked for libhistory.so.4 and Mandrake 8.2
(my system) has libhistory.so.4.1 so I needed to use "force".  Seemed to
go OK though.
2) The perl modules seemed to install fine.
3) I tried restarting Apache, as well as shutting down and starting up
again.  no change.
4) I have DHCP assigning the library computer the IP 192.168.0.4
5) Initially, I have set all the access permissions for mySQL, Apache,
and Koha to root, planning to add other users after I get things
operational.

Any ideas where I might begin?

Thanks!

Robert Maynord