[Koha] File definitions and Process - Checked by Vexira DEMO versio

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Aug 16 14:55:04 NZST 2002

Hi - Just a quick message as I'm about to head off on holiday, we certainly
have transfered information from a "full" library system, including reserves,
members details, fines etc not just the biblio information.

Hopefully Olwen who did this work is watching and may be able to share with
you, otherwise please feel free to drop me a line and I'll pass it on.

> > To put it in a nutshell:
> > The changeover will be no problem if the old data is in a very simple
> > format (or in marc-format of course).
>
> Well, that counts us out ;-)  But seriously, MARC data is only a tiny part
> of our data--all the item information and circulation records, patron
> records, etc. will have to be transferred as well.

Yep - the other data is definitly a challenge - not loosing all your reserve data
etc is pretty crucial.

>If no one else has done it before, then we may end up writing the
> Koha database description ourselves as part of our conversion process, and
> have you all check it for accuracy.  If anyone has done anything similar in
> the past, we'd love to hear about it.

There has been work on manuals etc which may cover this, we have an old
database description here but Koha has been changing pretty rapidly over
the last 6 months and I suspect it is well out of date.

Sorry not to be of more immediate help. I'll check in again in 10 days time.

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org