[Koha] Install questions

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jul 24 21:33:03 NZST 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 19:37, georgejenner at belgacom.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I decided to try to install on Windows.  I seem to have completed the perl installation, but I'm stuck here:
>

> Copy koha.conf to /etc/
>

> when I run updatedatabase mysql tells me the database hasn't been specified, and I think it's because teh config file is not located.
>
> Si?  I can't find a directory called /etc, and no matter where I created it it doesn't work.  I think the database does exist, as it shows up in mysql admin.  Does the
> koha.conf also require a path to the database?

Where did you put the koha.conf file?
What you will need to do is edit C4/Database.pm about line 21
This line
open (KC, "/etc/koha.conf");

To be
open (KC, "c:/where/ever/koha.conf"); (or however it works on windows)

You will probably want to find this line where it exists and change it.

I hope this helps

Chris

Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 789
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz