[Koha] Installed! ;) Now some question...

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue Jul 9 03:35:48 NZST 2002

Thanks for the detailed list, Marco.  I've answered the questions that I
have information for below.

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Marco Gaiarin wrote:

> 1) 've to do in cgi-bin dirs (koha and opac):
>
> 	ln -s . koha
>
> to make all the system works. The URL looks like:
>
> 	http://opac.sv.lnf.it/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl
>
> It is normal?! Why not mention this in docs?!

In my httpd.conf file VirtualHost sections for Koha I have:

   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"

Note the 'koha' after cgi-bin in the first parameter.  Did you use the
installer.pl script to install, or did you follow the INSTALL instructions
and install manually?  The INSTALL instructions also specify using
/cgi-bin/koha/ so maybe this was just missed?

> 3) I'm not a librarian, so could be some missed background, but some
> aspect are for me not totally clear. Particulary the
> acquisition/budget/book funds schema.
> Again, i've inserted two test book (one, ``Computer Networks'' of
> Tanenbaum, linus sorry me ;) with only the minimal data.
> Now i wont to edit these, adding some keyword, but i came to ``biblio
> record'' editing (all field empty) and not to these fields.

You are talking about the full acquisitions system.  There is also a
simple acquisitions system which might be easier for you to use.  The full
acquisitions system was designed for Horowhenua Library Trust and needs
some work to make it more generic.

To use the "simple" acquisitions, go to the Parameters page, select
"systempreferences" and edit or add the "acquisitions" variable, setting
it to "simple".

The installer.pl script uses simple acquisitions by default, so I'm
guessing that you installed manually.  We probably need to make some
changes to the INSTALL document to fix these two problems.

> 6) Where i can modify the link for ``OPAC'' and ``Library website'' in
> homepage and top/bottom of the page?! I think my user have no interest
> to get a book in new zeland... ;-)))

I've opened a bug for this problem.  Will get it fixed today in CVS.

Steve.