[Koha] Installed! ;) Now some question...

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jul 9 01:35:06 NZST 2002

Marco Gaiarin a écrit:

>I've installed koha 1.2.1 without big problems.
>
>But i've some question.
>
>1) 've to do in cgi-bin dirs (koha and opac):
>
>	ln -s . koha
>
>to make all the system works. The URL looks like:
>
>	http://opac.sv.lnf.it/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl
>
>It is normal?! Why not mention this in docs?!

It's not normal. Maybe a mistake in distribution ? Steve/Chris, any idea ?

>2) http://koha.sv.lnf.it/cgi-bin/koha/admin/marctagstructure.pl
>
>  Not Found
>  The requested URL /cgi-bin/koha/admin/marctagstructure.pl was not found
>  on this server.
>
>  Apache/1.3.26 Server at koha.sv.lnf.it Port 80
>
>...and really there's no marctagstructure.pl file anyware.

It's a bug : marctagstructure.pl has no interest in 1.2 version, as it
plays with tables that are only in the 1.4 under dev. I thought the
/admin/index.html didnt' show this link. You can forget it (and create a
bug at bugs.koha.org too ...)

>3) I'm not a librarian, so could be some missed background, but some
>aspect are for me not totally clear. Particulary the
>acquisition/budget/book funds schema.
>Again, i've inserted two test book (one, ``Computer Networks'' of
>Tanenbaum, linus sorry me ;) with only the minimal data.
>Now i wont to edit these, adding some keyword, but i came to ``biblio
>record'' editing (all field empty) and not to these fields.

We use 3 levels of informations :
* biblio : it's the main information. It explains something has been
written by someon. For example, it could be "Computer Networks" from
Tanenbaum.
* biblioitems : it explain how the biblio has been "produced". For
example, it can be "Computer Network", edited by "EDITOR AAA", on a nice
A4 book, colored, 200pages, and "Computer Network", edited by
"POCKET-ED", on a pokect format, B&W, 100 pages.
* items : it explains how many occurences of the biblioitems you possess
: i've 2 EDITOR AAA, one buyed 10Euros in 2002, and one buyed 8Euros in
2001, and 1 POCKET-ED, buyed 4Euros in 2002.

If this does not help, please explain exactly where you are in koha
(script name for example)

Good idea to provide it on www.koha.org. katipo and Chris do you agree ?

>5) I need a quick translation at least of the OPAC module to make
>usable here (waiting for 1.4 to a real translation). Where i can
>start?! How i can translate to minimize headache for the next 1.2.X
>release?!

see my previous post.

>6) Where i can modify the link for ``OPAC'' and ``Library website'' in
>homepage and top/bottom of the page?! I think my user have no interest
>to get a book in new zeland... ;-)))

why ? kiwi books are nice too. Just rarely in italian, but nice ;-))))

apart from  the joke, do to your koha-root directory and type :
grep "Library Website" */*/*
koha-html/intranet-html/index.html:                             See
Also:       <A HREF="http://opac.library.org.nz">OPAC</a> || <A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
and grep "Library Website" */*/*/*
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/acquisitions-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/aquisitions-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/cat-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/circulation-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/issues-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/issues-top.inc:<option
value=/cgi-bin/tododisplay.pl?user=Rachel&todo=43> ->  Library Website
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/members-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>
koha-html/intranet-html/includes/reports-bottom.inc:<A
HREF="http://www.library.org.nz">Library Website</a>

>Ok, for now it suffices. ;)

Read you soon
--