[Koha] Re: [oss4lib-discuss] Koha dev [ was ALA/June 16th: Automate Your Library for Un der $1000]

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Sat Jun 8 01:02:16 NZST 2002

Bon dia Miguel,

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Miguel Dias wrote:

> [...]

Yes, Portuguese ought to be on the list.  Right now, we don't have any
developers with Portuguese language skills, which doesn't position us well
to make this effort.  Now, if someone wanted to volunteer ... :)

The languages picked reflect a mix of things; existing translations,
users/developers who are actively working on things, people who have shown
interest, and (for Spanish) a number of Governments currently pushing to
move into OSS.  If we can scoop up some additional languages along the
way, I certainly won't complain.

> On the down side, there are important differences between the standards
> of speech of this communities, but I am sure some pratical consensus is
> easily achievable.
>
> IMHO, some though may be timely on this issue...

Thoughts, comments, and help are always timely gifts.  Fortunately, we're
moving toward an architecture where adding translations is going to get
easier.

obrigado,
-pate