[Koha] Re: user comments

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat May 4 09:50:02 NZST 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 05:42:23PM -0400, Nicholas Rosasco said:

> > Or even worse someone returns a dvd case without the dvd in it,
> > the data is
> > anonymised, now someone has a free dvd.
> Perhaps.  Don't we have (or shouldn't we have?) a function that returns
> permits  "who has this now" checks on a barcode.  Most library circulation
> staff (with perishable items :) like DVDs, etc) open the box/case before
> running it through the return function -- a "who has" would let them check
> w/out removing the item.

Yep we can certainly find out who has an item now. And presently we can find
out who last had the item.
I dont want to lose that function. Damage to a book may be found after it
has been returned (librarians dont really have time to check every item as
its returned for damage, so they may miss one)

Hope this makes sense.

And thanks everyone for your contributions to this discussion its really
helped me understand the issue a lot better.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz