[Koha] Question about 'Dewey' entry!

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 30 09:52:18 NZST 2002

HI - what sort of library are you from?

In a public library the dewey numbers are usually printed at the end of the
shelves, so you look at the dewey number as shown on that search results
screen and then go look for that number on the shelf.  The "branch" tells you
which library it's in.

Other than that I'm not sure I even understand the question.  If you don't use
dewey's to both label shelves and books then this won't be very useful to you
I guess.

You enter dewey's either when you acquisition a book, or by clicking on the
"modify" button on this page

http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-
bin/koha/moredetail.pl?item=12162&bib=41244&bi=93999&type=intra

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org