[Koha] i cant include "include virtual"

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Sat Apr 27 21:05:42 NZST 2002

"Md. Aftabuddin" wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:43:47AM +0000, Md. Aftabuddin said:
> > >
> > > Sir,
> > > What should be written in the httpd.conf to include virtual tag to run.
> > > can you supply me a sample httpd.conf file ?
> > > whether the apache has to be recompiled with some additional modules?
> > > I am trying to implement koha in a linux 7.1 system with apache 1.3
> > > please help me.
> >

> > Hi there,
> >
> > Take a look at
> > http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=KohaHints
> >
> > It has a section on this page about setting up apache to run includes.
> >
> > I hope this helps

[--snip--]

> I have configured everything there. but its still not including "include
> virtual". Is it possible that my apache is not pre compiled with include
> module. how to find out that ?

In general, it's best to start with RTFM and/or STFW:

For example, when I search Google ( http://www.google.com/ ) for "apache
includes"

The first link in the Google results is

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html

Which shows that:

    mod_include is "Status: Base"

The word "Status" is a link to:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/module-dict.html#Status

...and clicking on the "Status" link reveals:

" Base
  A module labeled as having "Base" status
  is compiled and loaded into the server by
  default, and is therefore normally available
  unless you have taken steps to remove the
  module from your configuration. "

And if you then look in your (Linux 7.1 = RedHat 7.1?) httpd.conf you
might see something like:

[--snip--]
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        modules/mod_info.so
#
### You have the choice between mod_include and mod_include_xssi
### Choose only one! mod_include is more secure, while
### the xssi module has a lot more features
#
LoadModule includes_module    modules/mod_include.so
#   LoadModule includes_module    /usr/lib/apache/mod_include_xssi.so
#
LoadModule autoindex_module   modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module         modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module         modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module        modules/mod_asis.so
[--snip--]

Then, from the command line run:

  httpd --help

which reveals that you can run

  httpd -t

to make sure your httpd.conf syntax is OK

Which is definitely not the complete answer to your question... but it
is a good place to start ;^)

Have you tried to run a simple SSI (Server Side Include) other than from
Koha? If not, then do that first.  If a simple SSI won't run then it
won't work with Koha either...... and if trying to run a simple test SSI
doesn't reveal the problem, then maybe search Google some more, or check
out the Apache mailing lists... for example http://archive.covalent.net/

If a simple SSI _does_ work, then maybe it is koha config problem that
people on this list can help you solve?

R.