[Koha] some questions about catalogue and acquisitions

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Sat Apr 27 16:46:28 NZST 2002

> Yaogeng Cheng wrote:
>
> From Acquisitions page, in Enter book with no ISBN page, it won't
> bring me to the third section.
>
> In http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/catalogue/ page, after you input test in
> Keywords and click start search, all the items with COUNT as 0 have no
> detail information after you click Request or the TITLE. All others
> with count as 1 have detail information after you click Request or
> TITLE. How do I input count info and location info so that I can see
> the detail info?

This message was recently posted in the devel list - I don't know yet
whether what you describe is a bug or a feature ;^)

" I think that sub ItemInfo? (Search.pm) returns
  no data if items.holdingbranch is NULL.
  The result is that detail.pl info table remains
  blank and "Total number of items appears as "0"
  in the biblio detail.pl record table. Doesn't
  seem to make sense..? Is that the desired result... ?"

Simple translation:
For each item, make sure you have an entry in the 'holdingbranch" column
of the 'items' table... for example <items.holdingbranch> contains  'S'
where 'S' would be a key for one of your branches - in default koha
distribution S=Shannon

Tricky stuff eh? :)

R.