[Koha] Looking for small scale solution

geustace at godzone.net.nz geustace at godzone.net.nz
Wed Apr 24 13:06:33 NZST 2002

Hi,

I have been asked to identify a library system that can be used in our environment
by several of our clients. Koha has been suggested but I would like to determine
whether it is suitable.

1. We need to be able to either run multiple instances, each with their own
databases, or be able to use a single instance but in a manner that multiple
collections can be managed by different people.

2. The collections in each case are small but their is a need to provide search
 and circulation and patron management just as one would with a large collection.

3. Has anyone ported the database to PostgreSQL yet ? We don't use mySQL and I
would rather not install a second dbms on our servers. If no one has, and Koha
will fit in the environment, I am prepared to have a go at the database stuff
for PostgreSQL.

Thanks.

Glen.
--
GodZone Internet Services, a division of AGRE Enterprises Ltd.
P.O. Box 8020, Palmerston North, New Zealand.