[Koha] Library card numbers, branch entry

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 2 12:54:52 NZST 2002

Waylon Robertson wrote:

> 4/2/02 10:13:26 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at katipo.co.nz> wrote:
> You will find that this spreadsheet will not work. its not taking in account the 8 place
> multiplier, I think. Anyway, Koha has its own routine inside newmember.pl i think.. or
> is it member.pl. Anyway.. go to your admin page, and set AutoMemberNum to 1.
> that will get koha making its own card numbers.

Maybe the "Hints" section in /admin/systempreferences.pl could be
updated to show that - as well as "acquisitions" and "autoBarcode"
options.

I assume that turning on "autoBarcode" will automagically generate a new
barcode for new acquisitions... maybe the same hooks could be used to
replace current (shonky) barcode generation method in addbook*.pl?

R.