[Koha] Publication Details

Missy missy at themadship.dhs.org
Mon Apr 1 18:29:02 NZST 2002

Greetings

I have been interested in Koha for quite some time, however today is the first time we have been able to get it successfully working on our home network so I could access it.

A few questions/comments:

1.    Where is the publication information to be entered?  I am old school trained Library Technician and when I catalogue information/document sources, etc I ALWAYS include the publications details, such as Publisher, Place of publications and date of publication (which for those who don't know is different from the copyright date).

2.    The way of having to order everything before adding it to the catalogue, is tiresome to say the least if you are entering an existing collection into the system.  Is there any way of bypassing this without causing too many problems.

3.    Is there a way of not having a default pricing for invoicing, if you can not by-pass the order system?  Again this is tiresome when entering an existing collection into Koha, as pricing will not scale or is an unknown quantity, or the books value has effectively been amortilised and is considered zero?

On an up side, for people who are not familiar with library systems and the old card catalogues and the requirements to produce on, it is quite easy to use, if you don't want to enter all the existing collection into Koha.

Missy