[Koha] Proposed new cgi directory structure

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 26 13:29:08 NZST 2002

Roger Buck wrote:

> [--snip--]
> > Despite the changes, I think that all of the current flexibility is
> > retained.
> >
> > AFAICT, the existing perl code does not need to be modified in any way
> > to support the new structure.

After having combed through every file over the last couple of days
looking at path configuration I am more familiar with koha in general
and now have a few questions:

1. Is there any general desire to re-work the default koha distribution
to support more flexible installation options (see prev messages this
thread)?

2. If anwer is "yes" then can we do this be extending koha.conf to
include a number of path variables (and get rid of all the current
hard-coded paths in .html, .inc and .pl files).

3. If "yes" then what is the easiest way to add new variable to
koha.conf?

4. While answer is "yes", then I am volunteering to make the necessary
changes under the guidance advice of others... or assist in any other
way if more appropriate.

Thanks :-)

R.