[Koha] Installation Questions

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 20 17:30:40 NZST 2002

Roger Buck wrote:

> Suggestion:
>
> The navigation map (crc-crc.gif and related stuff) should be included by
> default in each koha (intranet) page header ?

I have traced the source of this problem here.

The page headers and footers are loaded as Server Side Includes from
/pathtokoha/includes/*.inc

AFAIC, for the headers and footers to be loaded from *.html files,
Apache 1.2 and greater requires "XBitHack" parameter to be enabled in
httpd.conf (may be different on other webservers).

At http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/ I have inluded an example block from
httpd.conf with a link to relevant Apache docs.

If the above is correct, then some koha *.html files will need to chmod
754 or 554 or 744 or 544 when copied to their web server. This may be
another reason to include an install.sh ;^)

I don't think that the XBitHack is required when the includes are called
from within perl scripts?

R.