[Koha] Rooted URL's

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Mar 2 10:39:34 NZDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-02 at 10:22, Mark Bondurant wrote:
> On Friday 01 March 2002 12:52 pm, Chris Cormack wrote:
> > > On your splash page it says:  "Horowhuenua Library Trust Catalogue and
> > > Member Services".  This implies that the library that the system is
> > > indexing is the Horowhuenua Library.  If this is truely an open source
> > > system, open to use by every library, then it probably ought to say
> > > something like: "Open Source Catalogue and Member Services System/From
> > > The Horowhenua Library Trust".
> >
> > Precisely because it is  a GPL'd system you are welcome to change
> > whatever you like. Including the splash page.
> >
> > Chris
>
> The problem with making changes to the system is that they will be clobbered
> with the next update.  Every change I make will have to be carefully logged
> and then merged with each update.   With two kids, I just don't have the
> time.  If it's just the spash page though . . .

A valid point.
Thats the main reason we are working on getting Koha using axkit or
another templating system. So that upates wont clobber the
customisations that people have chosen for their system.

Unfortunately that doesnt help you much at the present time :-(
At the moment the only real way to customise look and feel is to edit
the html files and images.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                               Programmer
025 500 789                                  Katipo Communications Ltd