[Koha] I will work on koha !

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Feb 25 09:15:55 NZDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 22:52, paul POULAIN wrote: Hi, everybody,
I'm Paul from France,

I'm a software-project manager, presently working (as half-time job) for
my catholic community (www.chemin-neuf.org : mostly in french, but some
pages in english). I leave in France,Marseille.
I'm specialized in open-source technology (linux, mySQL, Interbase, Php,
and a little perl too ;-))))

We have decided yesterday to use koha as our library-software (we have
around 80 000 books, in 4 libraries : 50k+ 20k+ 5k+5k)

Thats great news :-)

The program is not translated to french, so it will be my first job to
do the translation.

You might want to talk to Adam Thick, and Adam Clarke who are working on
implementing a system of templating for the interface of Koha. They are
thinking of using HTML::Template I think. So you'll probably want to
talk to them about that.

My second job will be to add tools to administer parameters tables.
We want to deploy koha only when we will have a MARC-compliant version,
so I can give a hand to help testing/developping the 1.2 version.

Cool.

I've downloaded the CVS version from sourceforge, and try to understand
what's new in this MARC version.
I've succeded to run koha2marc tool (with a LOT of warnings...), and
begin to understand a little how the DB is build.
I've not understood how to create new biblios with the marc system,
neither how to search a biblio.
So I think I need some explanations...
I would be happy to know too why I've no reactions after my message in
"Pending Release of 1.2" thread (from Steve). Same question with my
small bug + question message (Valentine's day message !!!)

Yep, I think steve must be swamped with work at the moment. I dont know
a huge amount about the MARC tools he has been working on. So ill see if
I can prod him for a response :-)

I hope this announce will make you happy and that we will do a good job
alltogether.

Cheers
Chris

--
Chris Cormack                                               Programmer
025 500 789                                  Katipo Communications Ltd