[Koha] Frequently Asked Questions

s.yeates at cs.waikato.ac.nz say1 at goblin.cs.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Nov 7 09:32:19 NZDT 2001

More FAQs...

What language are the words Koha, Horowhenua and Katipo in?

  They are in the Maori language, the language of the people native to New
Zealand.

I see people are working on feature X. Can you tell me when a release with
feature X will ship?

  Most of the people working on bug fixes and new features are working on them
in their own time. They are generally released if and when the bug fix or
feature is ready. If you want to speed to the release of a bug fix or feature,
see under ``How can I contribute to Koha?''

Why is Koha given away?

  Koha is open source software. In open source software, software developers give away the fruits of their labour in the hopes that others will help them develop the software.

--    stuart yeates <s.yeates at cs.waikato.ac.nz> aka `loam'
  "To err is human--but it feels divine."  --  Mae West
X-no-archive:yes