[Koha] Frequently Asked Questions

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Wed Nov 7 10:42:54 NZDT 2001

Hello Nicholas,
good work. Here are a couple of answers for you.
Rosalie Blake
Head of Libraries
Horowhenua Library Trust

On 6 Nov 2001, at 13:40, Nicholas Stephen Rosasco wrote:

> It's... I suppose I want to say traditional or maybe customary to
> include a Frequently Asked Questions file on an open source product.
> The various Koha websites at Katipo and the HLT websites are
> excellent, but aren't arranged in the usual question/answer format.

> What is Koha?
> What can Koha do?
> Where can I get Koha?
> Where did Koha Come From?
The name comes from the Maori word for a gift or donation. The
programme was written by Katipo Communicaitons for the
Horowhenua Library Trust, in response to a need for a library
programme that would run at branch libraries connected to the
central library by ordinary phone lines. See
http://www.library.org.nz/koha.htm
for the full story.
See http://www.katipo.co.nz
> Where is Horowhenua?
It's a small district on the west coast of the North Island of New
Zealand, wedged between the Tararua mountains and the Tasman
sea. It's about an hour's drive north of Wellington city, and has
population of 30,000.