[Koha] MARC

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Jun 23 10:08:50 NZST 2001

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 12:56:15PM -0700, Tonnesen Steve said:

> I've now got a pretty basic MARC converter built that will take all
> existing records in the biblio, biblioitems, items tables and convert them
> to MARC records.  I stuck pretty much with the mapping I sent in my
> information is stored in tags 852 and 876 with a linkage number in
> subfield 8 to tie the two tags together.
>

> http://142.28.224.11/cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/viewmarc.pl
>
> will now point you to record 221 by default which has 6 items.
>

> This converter uses the beginnings of a Catalogue.pm module that I'm
> working on.  The newBiblioItem() and newItem() subroutines are fairly
> complete for the MARC side.  The Koha side should be much easier to write.

Wow,

Youve certainly been very busy :-) Its looking great, wrt to ur previous
email, i couldnt spot any other areas that MARC will affect apart from the
ones you had already picked out.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz