[Koha] Book entry into system.

Nicholas Stephen Rosasco nsr4n at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 22 16:03:49 NZST 2001

from Father - Mike Johnson <father at bigattichouse.com>:
> Hi, a question.. must all the books be entered the first time around?  Being
> a programmer, I tend to abhor repeated keystrokes... would it be possible to
> create a "book staging" library that the whole community could share..

Last time I checked, there was a service at the Library of
Congress for getting MARC or Z39.50 data from ISBN or
possibly other numbers.  I think there (may) open source
code for using those services floating around out there
-- try http://oss4lib.org, they may have something.

http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/
http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/gateway.html
are the info from LC on the x3950 standard, and
http://www.loc.gov/marc/
is the website on the MARC bibliographic format.

I apologize for the vagueness, but my notes on this (I've
had the same thoughts) seem to be AWOL.

If something could be thrown together to automate (say by
ISBN) catalog entry I'd be tempted to do my home library
with Koha.

Hope that helps,
Nick Rosasco