[Koha] i18n work layout

Benedykt P. Barszcz kb2qzv at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Feb 8 15:06:50 NZDT 2001

[sorry if you receive this message twice]

Hi,
Could someone answer these questions:

To use Locale::gettext we need to include the followiing in each *.pl script
I guess (don't know about *.pm or HTML files yet):

# locale::gettext initializations
use POSIX;
use gettext;
setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, "");
bindtextdomain("", "");
textdomain("");
# end of initializations

1. What to do with textdomain(""), should the argument be changed for each
script, like so?
textdomain("search")
textdomain(opac-search"), etc?

2. What to do with bindtextdomain's() two arguments, should we point to any
directory or leave it empty, like so:
bindtextdomain("<??>","/usr/local/www/koha/locale")?

I know there is already a separate directory for intranet and opac. Do we
need a common directory for locale *.mo files? How to accomplish it?

3. What to do with setlocale(), should we include LC_MONETARY (if such
exists) to be able to allow for different currencies in koha?

thank you for instructing me in right direction.
Benedict

PS. Allow me to include some of the files for you to check out.
Could anyone try to use them? I can't figure out why localized messages do
not appear as they are supposed to... .

Here is what I do:
# cp ./pl/LC_MESSAGES/koha.mo /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/
# cp ./script-i18n/*.pl /usr/local/www/koha/cgi-bin/koha/
# cp ./script-i18n/*.pl /usr/local/www/opac/cgi-bin/koha/

It doesn't work though. I still get English .

Thanks for hints
Benedict