[Koha] First impressions

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Jan 29 11:31:42 NZDT 2001

* Marc Lavall?e <odradek at videotron.ca> [010129 10:56]:

> I just discovered Koha while looking for infos about open source library
> projects. I know nothing about library management but I might
> participate on a special project as a technical resource.
>
> I'd like to know what's the status of Z39.50 and translations to other
> languages.

Hi Marc

So far we have no z39.50 support either as a client or a server built into
koha. And as far as I know, no active work is being done on it.
It has been mentioned in the mailing list before, so u might like to scan
through the archives
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/

As far as translations to other languages go, work was started on  polish
translation, Benedykt who subscribes to this list was working on it.
And the opac section of koha has been ported to php and translated into
spanish also.

But work on either of these areas would be most appreciated

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                                       Programmer
025 500 789                                          Katipo Communications Ltd