[Koha] More web circulation updates

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Jan 26 06:32:42 NZDT 2001

I think I'm getting pretty close now.

Recent changes.

1.  Click on a borrower's card number to open a new window with the
    borrower's members page.

2.  Click on a book barcode to view the details for that item in a new
    window.

3.  If a patron has charges, click on the "Payment" link beside the charge
    information to open a new window with the payment form.

4.  Changed the black headers to a burnt umber kind of colour.  This was a
    pretty major change.  :)

The first three of these open new windows with no menu or toolbars.  The
intention is that they will be closed and the user will return to the
circulation screen when done.  If they are left open, and just moved
backwards, the next click on a bar code, for example, will open the new
information in the old window, and bring that window to the front again.

One minor glitch I see is that I need to specify the size of the new
window when it opens.  I have it set to 640x480, which is too small for
most of the pages, but the window can be resized larger.

Things still to be done:

1.  List recently returned items in the returns module.  This is a bit
    tricky, but I think I can do it by filling a hidden text field with
    the itemnumbers of the recently returned items.

2.  Picking a branch and printer every time you open the circulation
    module is a hassle.  Could use cookies to store this information.  Any
    body got huge problems with using cookies?  If you have cookies
    disabled, it just means that you'll have to select the branch and
    printer each time you enter the circulation module, so it shouldn't
    really matter.

3.  Need a way of selecting a different branch or printer.  Thinking of
    making the branch and printer names into clickable links allowing them
    to be changed or having an icon between the issues and returns icons
    to do this.

4.  When entering an invalid barcode into either issues or returns, no
    appropriate error is generated.

5.  Prettier output when a book is returned that wasn't actually loaned
    out.

6.  Some of my graphics are a little clunky.  Especially the one for the
    home page.  The issues and returns icons are a little, uhhh, ugly.
    Also, the red color I picked for the circulation module is apparently
    not one of the HDL colours, so they might not like it.  :)

Anything else I'm still missing?

Steve.