[Koha] Web Circulation Module

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Wed Jan 24 12:45:32 NZDT 2001

Got a bit more polish on today.  New features:

Arbitrary due date can be set now.  Due date can even be made "sticky" so
that the due date will remain the same for one session of issues.  Thought
this might be useful at a school near the end of a term, for example.

Flags are now displayed on the issues screen at the bottom.  Flags that
block issuing (like lost card, or gone with no address) show up as red in
the patron information box.  I still don't have a hyperlink to the flag
information at the bottom, but you can scroll down to see it.  My wife's
account has a card reported as lost (Sue Tonnesen, cardnumber 42).

Overdue books are now displayed as a red line.  Both my wife and I have an
overdue book that will show this feature.

Very rudimentary returns module is now working.  You can scan in a barcode
and the book will be returned.  The only info that is shown is the
borrower's name and the bar code that was returned.  This obviously needs
some more work to add more detail item and borrower information, including
account information, reserves available, etc.

I added a wee bit of javascript to give the input box the focus
automatically when a page loads to reduce the need for mouse or keyboard
use when using a barcode scanner.  This is the same reason why the drop
down boxes are necessary for the due-date.  If there are two input boxes
on a web form, then a simple carriage return (as sent by a bar code
scanner) will not submit the form.  You must click on the submit button
with the mouse.

Steve Tonnesen