[Koha] Web interface for circulation

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Jan 19 12:00:36 NZDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, megan wrote:

> I am just wondering if anyone out there is working on a web interface for
> circulation. Because I am setting this up for a small community library
> (run out of a couple of community spaces) - It is not neccessary to have
> the speed associated with a telnet or ssh interface.... and in fact is
> much easier for folks to deal with a web interface then telnet.... I was
> gonna ask around locally to see if anyone would help me work on that - but
> I was just wondering if anyone on this list was already working on it?

I've been working on extracting the circulation code from the program
logic in order to make an interface that uses perl-tk.  This should make
developing a web interface for circulation easier as well.  I'm not
currently planning on making a web interface (although I was thinking
about it a bit today), but if you find someone who is, get them to talk to
me so I can explain what I'm doing.

To add branches, you need to do some SQL stuff.

You should be able to do something like this:

mysql Koha -p
(enter your koha password)
insert into branches values ('STWE', 'Stewart Elementary', 'address1',
'address2', 'address3', '250 555 1234', '250 555 2222',
'stewelm at cmsd.bc.ca', 1);

select * from branches;   <--- should return your branch information
delete from branches where branchcode='STWE';   <-- will delete a branch

where
STWE = branch code (4 characters max)
Stewart Elementary = branch name
address1