[Koha] Classification field

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Thu Jan 4 11:24:32 NZDT 2001

Happy New Year!

Has the classification field in the biblioitems table been replaced by the
itemtype field?  The entries in the two seem sort of similar in the demo
data, except that the classification field isn't very uniform:

Where classification is one of (Picturbook, Picture Book, Picture Books,
PictureBiook, PictureBook, PictureBooks, Picture_book, Pitcurebook,
PitureBook), the itemtype field is always JPC (Junior Picture Book).
While on the subject.  Are these itemtype classifications part of some
library standard, or are they Horowhenua-specific groupings?  I found that
a lot of things were broken until I created some entries in the itemtype
table.

Steve Tonnesen
(in balmy, melting, Northern British Columbia, Canada).