[Koha] biblio vs. biblioitems

Rosalie Blake rosalie at levin.library.org.nz
Wed Dec 13 12:13:02 NZDT 2000

Hi again

Chris has already answered, but I'll just add the rationale - which
was that biblio describes the intellectual property. So author title,
copyright date.

Then any copies we have of this piece of copyright, whether a large
print edition, or a hardback or paperback is attached to the biblio
with the ISBN, publishing info, location in the biblioitem record. If
we've got two large print copies, they'll share one Biblioitem record,
and each copy will have its own item record.

> Why is there a biblio table and a biblioitems table?  Is there a
> one-to-one correspondence between items in the two tables, linked by
> the biblionumber fields?   If this is the case, what is the purpose of
> the biblioitemnumber field?

Rosalie