[Koha] Re: ReInstalling CDK 2nd time

Simon Blake simon at katipo.co.nz
Mon Nov 6 17:31:23 NZDT 2000

Hi Brad

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 02:13:08PM +1100, Brad Joyce said:
> I've downloaded cdk.tar.gz
> tar -zxvf cdk.tar.gz
> extracted to /root/tar-4.3.10
> read README
> cd tar-4.3.10
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> The README then says to start playing
>
> What do I do next??

Well, start playing :-).  I'd suggest going into /root/cdk-4.3.10/examples,
running a make, and checking that the make works, and the ensuing
executables do interesting CDK'ish types of things.  (draw menus, text
widgets, and whatnot)

Once that's going, unpack the cdk-perl stuff (into a clean directory, perhaps)

run:

perl Makefile.PL
make

if you get an error, let us know what it is.  Errors I have seen involve not
finding the  CDK .h files, you fix that by editing the Makefile and changing

INC = -I/usr/include/ncurses -I/home/glover/local/include/cdk

to something like:

INC = -I/usr/include/ncurses -I/usr/local/include/cdk

around line 95, as I recall

if you get a build, run

make install

and you should be away.  To test it, go to the demo directory, and do a

perl fulldemo

and see if it works.  If it does, you're underway

Cheers
Si

Simon Blake                                             simon at katipo.co.nz
Katipo Communications                                       +64 25 300 825