[Koha] Need help with installation

Simon Blake simon at katipo.co.nz
Thu Nov 2 19:46:13 NZDT 2000

Hi Brad

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:16:59PM -0800, Brad Joyce said:

> I am very interested in Koha and wish to install and use it and hopefuly
> in the fullness of time contribute to the end product.  However, at the
> moment I am a newbie to installing perl modules and would welcome any help
> to getting the circulation telnet program working.  I get the error cant
> find cdk.pm.

Certainly sounds like CDK isn't installed properly.  Have you installed the
CDK C library?  The CDK perl module requires the CDK C library to be
installed first.  I'd suggest running through the compilation from the
start, and let us know what errors you get.

CDK libraries are at: http://www.vexus.ca/CDK.html, or more strictly
http://www.vexus.ca/release/

I've just observed that there's a new version available - we've not tried
this out, but doubtless will when Chris gets back next week.  According to
the release notes, nothing's changed :-), so I imagine it'll work OK.

> I have the koha and opac web server side of things working and
> I've installed and created the tables etc needed in MySQL. this cdk problem
> looks like its the last hurdle.

Well done!

Cheers
Si

Simon Blake                                             simon at katipo.co.nz
Katipo Communications                                       +64 25 300 825